EDTA or ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA) chelation therapy involves injection of synthetic amino acid into the blood stream which binds (chelates) with heavy metals to eliminate them from the body. A man-made amino acid, EDTA works wonders on the body that is affected by heavy metal poisoning. It attracts heavy metal components like iron, lead, mercury, cadmium, zinc etc and then, excretes them via the kidneys, like natural bodily wastes.
Generally, EDTA is injected into the body only through intravenous infusion, which means, under proper medical guidance and support. Since 1940s, EDTA has become the standard treatment for people suffering from lead poisoning. Though today it has varied uses, this man-made amino acid is primarily applied to detox the body of heavy metals.
EDTA Chelation Therapy – Benefits: The body is rid of free radicals after chelation and that makes all the difference. Once that is done, cell absorption of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals etc. become better and there is also enhanced blood circulation. Over time, scientists have discovered the importance of Chelation therapy in treating critical medical conditions like the following:
1. Autism: Many opine that autism is a result of mercury poisoning. If chelation therapy is used, one can cure autism spectrum disorders. However, complete cure depends on the level of the affected individual.
2. Arterial blockades, disorders: Hardened artery walls signify presence of excess fatty substances. Scientists opine that with the help of chelating agents, we can lessen the hardening and cure arterial disorders, preventing heart diseases.
3. Neurological conditions: Chelation can treat neurological conditions too, as it breaks down the chain reaction by free radicals and also, enhance memory and energy levels.
4. Coronary heart diseases: EDTA chelation therapy optimizes the ratio of LDL and HDL cholesterol levels in the body. This is unknown to many who think that chelation is only for metal toxicity. Research has revealed that with EDTA infusion, combined with vitamin and mineral supplements, HDL (good cholesterol) can be raised and LDL (bad cholesterol) can be lowered.
5. Other conditions: EDTA can be used to cure other conditions like autoimmune disorders, chronic fatigue, allergic disorders, stroke and cerebrovascular conditions. EDTA therapy can also be used as a preventative medicine for anti-aging.